Not-So Amusement Park is the fourth episode of the first season of Scooby-Doo! And Scrappy-Doo, Too!
|Not-So Amusement Park|
Episode Info Edit
At the local amusement park, a roller coaster has became a monster, and is attacking people on the ride.
The gang is seen driving down the highway.
- Shaggy: Man, I love amusement parks. There's always amazing food stands!
- Scooby-Doo: Reah! Rand rood rourts!
- Fred: Guys, you know why we're going to the amusement park.
- Scrappy-Doo: Yeah! To solve a mystery!
- Truman Oatley: You bet, bro.
- Fred: But the food IS pretty good...
The gang parks in Coolsville Fun Land's parking lot. A man rushes over to the car.
- Man: Excuse me, is this Mystery Inc.?
- Daphne: It sure is!
- Velma: Who are you?
- Man: I'm the owner of Coolsville Fun Land, Calum King.
- Fred: Nice to meet you, Mr. King. What seems to be the problem?
Calum glances over at one of the rides.
- Calum: It's the newest roller-coaster, "The Downfall". The cart is attacking riders!
- Shaggy: -gulps- Like, ATTACKING them?
- Calum: Well, sort of. It throws them into Cape Coolsville!
- Daphne: Jeepers! What kind of roller coaster wants to throw riders off into the cape?
Another man walks over.
- Man: I'm not sure, but there are no rides like that at Coolsville's World of Fun! Kids get in free on Mondays!
- Calum: -angrily folds arms- Jonathan Gomez, just because one of my rides is misbehaving, doesn't mean you can try to get more business!
Jonathan glares at Calum.
- Jonathan: Mr. King, do you know how many people will want their money back because they almost broke their neck on The Downfall?
- Fred: He's right, Mr. King. People may sue.
- Calum: -sighs- Very well. I guess we will have to dismantle The Downfall..
Jonathan smirks. He hands Fred, Daphne, Velma, and Shaggy coupons.
- Jonathan: Use these to get 50% off on your ticket. $20.00 for teens!
Jonathan leaves, and Calum goes to his office.
- Fred: Alright gang, we'll have to investigate the ride when nobody is here. We don't want anybody getting suspicious.
After closing time, the gang returns to the park.
- Fred: Okay gang, Daphne and I will go to the control room. Velma, you go investigate the carts. Shaggy, Scooby, Truman and Scrappy, you guys stay down here and look at the tracks.
- Scrappy-Doo: But why can't we go do something important, like you guys?
- Fred: It IS important to look at the tracks. You'll find out if the carts make a turn sharp enough to throw riders off.
Fred, Daphne and Velma go inside the waiting area. Velma goes to the carts, while Fred and Daphne go to the control room.
- Fred: Daph, tell me if you find anything.
- Daphne: You got it, Freddie.
Daphne is seen looking around. She pulls a lever, and goes flying out the window.
- Daphne: -screaming-
- Fred: Daph!
Daphne lands in one of the carts. Velma is seen looking around the carts.
- Velma: It doesn't seem like there's anything in here that's clue-worthy.. Jinkies!
Velma picks up a piece of paper on the floor.
- Velma: It shows here a construction manual for the ride. There are parts of the tracks that make the cart go really fast!
- Daphne: Jeepers!
- Velma: Hm..
Velma is looking at the panels, and accidentally pushes the "Go" button. The carts go off onto the track, with Daphne in them.
- Daphne: -screams-
Fred runs into the room.
- Fred and Velma: Daphne!
Scooby-Doo and Shaggy are walking around in the park, looking for food.
- Scooby-Doo: Raggy.. rouldn't we rooking rat the racks?
- Shaggy: Don't worry, Scoob. Scrappy's got it covered!
A ghost floats out of "Vincent van Ghoul's Hall of Ghouls" and scares the two.
- Shaggy: Zoinks!
- Scooby-Doo: Rikes!
Shaggy and Scooby run away, back to the tracks.
- Scrappy-Doo: Guys, look! There are part of the tracks that make the cart go faster. Powered rails! And there is additional oil slick that helps throw riders off!
- Truman Oatley: That does it. That should stop her.
- Daphne: HELP! -carts go past Scrappy-
Daphne goes flying out of her cart, towards Cape Coolsville.
- Scrappy-Doo: I'll save you, Daphne!
Scrappy catches Daphne as she falls. The two go underwater. They eventually come back up.
- Daphne: Scrappy! You made my makeup run!
- Scrappy-Doo: Sorry, Daph.
Fred, Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby-Doo run over.
- Shaggy: Like, are you okay?
- Scrappy-Doo: We're fine.
- Velma: Scrappy, what did you see?
- Scrappy-Doo: Powered rails, and oil slick!
- Fred: I wonder.. maybe if we find out who designed the carts, that will tell us who is behind the mystery!
- Scooby-Doo: Reah! Ret's rolve the rystery!
The gang go back to the start of the ride and dismantle the carts.
- Velma: Aha! It says here that the carts AND tracks were designed by Gomez, Inc.!
- Daphne: Gomez? As in.. Jonathan Gomez?
- Fred: Owner of Coolsville's World of Fun?
- Velma: Gang, I think I have this mystery just about wrapped up.
The next day, the gang runs towards Calum, who is talking to Jonathan.
- Fred: Mr. King! Mr. King!
- Daphne: We've solved the mystery!
- Scrappy-Doo: Yeah! It was your greedy business rival, Jonathan Gomez, all along!
- Jonathan: What?
- Fred: You wanted to make Calum's newest ride be a failure, so people would sue him for broken bones.
- Daphne: And when that happens, your bosses shut the park down.
- Velma: And when the park shuts down, you'll get more business.
- Shaggy: And more business means more money, right Scoob?
- Scooby-Doo: Reah! Rots more!
The police arrive, and handcuff Jonathan.
- Jonathan: I would've gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those meddling kids, and their dogs!
- Scooby-Doo: Scooby-Dooby-Doo!
The gang laughs, and leave.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Fred Welker as Fred and Calum
- Don Messick as Scooby-Doo
- Heather North as Daphne
- Michael Angelis as Velma
- Casey Kasem as Shaggy
- Scott Innes as Scrappy-Doo
- Steve Whitmire as Truman Oatley
- Matthew Lillard as Jonathan
- Jonathan Gomez
- The Roller Coaster
|Jonathan Gomez||He wanted Calum's park to close down, so his park would get more business.|
- Scooby-Doo! And Scrappy-Doo, Too! The Complete First Season
- Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Ghosts Say Boo, Just Say Doo
- This is the first episode where there is a script, not a sypnosis.
- This marks the first episode where Casey Kasem takes over the voice of Shaggy.