|Scooby's Modern Life|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||9|
|No. of episodes||234|
|Running time||11 minutes (Individual episodes)|
22 minutes (Half hour shows and extended episodes)
Discovery Family (United States)
CBBC (United Kingdom)
Discovery Kids (United States; Formerly)
The Hub (United States; Formerly)
|Original run||February 23, 2001-Present|
Scooby's Modern Life is a 2001 American animated comedy created by Hanna-Barbera based on the 1983-84 Scooby-Doo incarnation and other Hanna-Barbera cartoons centering around the characters Scooby, Scrappy, Shaggy and Daphne. The series premiered on February 23, 2001 on Discovery Family in the United States.
The series premiered on May 5th, 2001 on Teletoon in Canada and on Apirl 5, 2002 on CBBC in the UK. New episodes premiere on Friday nights at 9:00pm.
The style of this show was inspired by Rocko's Modern Life and Garfield & Friends.
Instead of solving mysteries or being chased by a stupid man in a costume, this spin-off is more about focusing around the daily lives and adventures of Scooby, Scrappy, Shaggy and Daphne having fun together with their friends in a comedy way. This series will feature lots of great jokes and gags.
The gang now lives in a suburb neighborhood alongside other Hanna-Barbera characters such as Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound.
This show contains it's own take on Coolsville as the main setting and will mostly take place in the gang's neighborhood and town.
|Sea||Eps||Premiere Airdate||Finale Airdate||Rank|
|1||26||February 23, 2001||December, 27th 2002||TBC|
|2||26||January 3rd, 2003||December, 10th 2004||TBC|
|3||26||March 4th, 2005||November, 17th 2007||TBC|
|4||26||February, 8th 2008||December, 18th 2009||TBC|
|5||26||March 5th, 2010||December, 2nd 2011||TBC|
|6||26||March 16th, 2012||November 15th, 2013||TBC|
|7||26||April 11th, 2014||January 2nd, 2015||TBC|
|8||26||February 6th, 2015||June 3rd, 2016||TBC|
|9||26||June 10th, 2016||December, 29th 2017||TBC|
|Billy West||Shaggy Rogers|
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
Vincent Van Ghoul
|Dee Bradley Baker||
- The title is a parody of Rocko's Modern Life but both shows are different.
- This series does not air on Cartoon Network like other Scooby-Doo spin-offs do.
- Scooby and Shaggy are no longer cowardly.
- Daphne is based off her 1983-84 counterpart.
- Scrappy is based off his mature 1983-88 counterpart.
- Production & Animation
- The designs of the Scooby-Doo gang are based off their appearance from The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show/The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries. The designs of the Yogi's Gang characters are based of their appearance from that series. However, the rest of the artwork of this show, (original and background characters) is based on Cartoon Network's Cartoon Cartoons.
- A re-vamped version of The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries intro with different clips based off episodes from this series is used but only instead of having the monsters dancing, characters from Yogi's Gang are dancing. The intro was re-animated in 2012 to fit HD quality.
- Many music productions from Ren and Stimpy, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Fairly OddParents, Family Guy, The Looney Tunes Show and music by Kevin MacLeod can be heard in this series.
- The house the gang lives in this series resembles the home Shaggy grew up in during A Pup Named Scooby-Doo only with brighter colors. Although that series is non-canon to this one.
- This spin-off is produced by Universal Studios rather than Warner Brothers Animation.