|Scooby's Modern Life|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||11|
|No. of episodes||286|
|Running time||11 minutes (Individual episodes)|
22 minutes (Half hour shows and extended episodes)
Discovery Family (United States)
CBBC (United Kingdom)
Discovery Kids (United States; Formerly)
The Hub (United States; Formerly)
|Original run||September 4, 1998-Present|
Scooby's Modern Life is a 1998 American animated comedy created by Hanna-Barbera based on the 1983-84 Scooby-Doo incarnation and other Hanna-Barbera cartoons centering around the characters Scooby, Scrappy, Shaggy and Daphne. The series premiered on September 4th, 1998 on Discovery Family in the United States.
The series premiered on May 5th, 2001 on Teletoon in Canada and on Apirl 5, 2002 on CBBC in the UK. New episodes premiere on Friday nights at 9:00pm.
The style of this show was inspired by Rocko's Modern Life and Garfield & Friends.
Instead of solving mysteries or being chased by a stupid man in a costume, this spin-off is more about focusing around the daily lives and adventures of Scooby, Scrappy, Shaggy and Daphne having fun together with their friends in a comedy way. This series will feature lots of great jokes and gags.
The gang now lives in a suburb neighborhood alongside other Hanna-Barbera characters such as Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound.
This show contains it's own take on Coolsville as the main setting and will mostly take place in the gang's neighborhood and town.
|Sea||Eps||Premiere Airdate||Finale Airdate||Rank|
|1||26||September 4th, 1998||June 25th, 1999||TBC|
|2||26||August 6th, 1999||December 29th, 2000||TBC|
|3||26||February 24, 2001||November 29th, 2002||TBC|
|4||26||February 28th, 2003||December 17th, 2004||TBC|
|5||26||March 4th, 2005||November 3rd, 2006||TBC|
|6||26||March 9th, 2007||November 21st, 2008||TBC|
|7||26||April 17th, 2009||December 10th, 2010||TBC|
|8||26||February 4, 2011||August 24, 2012||TBC|
|9||26||June 7th, 2013||December 5th, 2014||TBC|
|10||26||May 8th, 2015||December 23rd, 2016||TBC|
|11||26||January 24th, 2017||November 23rd, 2018||TBC|
|Billy West||Shaggy Rogers|
|Heather North||Daphne Blake|
Vincent Van Ghoul
|Dee Bradley Baker||
- The title is a parody of Rocko's Modern Life but both shows are different.
- This series does not air on Cartoon Network like other Scooby-Doo spin-offs do.
- Scooby and Shaggy are no longer cowardly.
- Daphne is based off her 1983-84 counterpart.
- Scrappy is based off his mature 1983-88 counterpart.
- Production & Animation
- The designs of the Scooby-Doo gang are based off their appearance from The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show/The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries. The designs of the Yogi's Gang characters are based of their appearance from that series. However, the rest of the artwork of this show, (original and background characters) is based on Cartoon Network's Cartoon Cartoons.
- A re-vamped version of The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries intro with different clips based off episodes from this series is used but only instead of having the monsters dancing, characters from Yogi's Gang are dancing. The intro was re-animated in 2012 to fit HD quality.
- Many music productions from Ren and Stimpy, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Fairly OddParents, Family Guy, The Looney Tunes Show and music by Kevin MacLeod can be heard in this series.
- The house the gang lives in this series uses the same design as the home Shaggy grew up in during A Pup Named Scooby-Doo only with update colors, not containing any Christmas decorations left up all year long and the roof gaining a TV satellite. Although that series is non-canon to this one.
- This spin-off is produced by Universal Studios rather than Warner Brothers Animation.
- This series appears to be non-canon to all other Scooby-Doo media with existing in it's own timeline.